Maybe you’re really busy and find yourself constantly cutting into your sleep time in an effort to catch up on life. Maybe you’re desperately trying to get better sleep, but are having trouble falling asleep at a decent hour.
So here's a few tips on how to get a good nights kip
1. Make sure your bedroom is absolutely pitch black it sounds obvious but many don't leaving lights, t.v's etc on. Our bodies work around what is called the circadian clock. This is a biological process that responds to light and darkover a 24 hr. As you can guess light signals are body to be awake whilst darkness signals our body for sleep ( well that's the simple version any way)
2. Destress. Many of us will have something on our mind which we will then constantly think about as we lie there with no other stimulus to take it away. As they say a problem shared is a problem halved. If you don't have anyone to share it with, write it on a piece of paper.
3. As many of us I'm sure are guilty of as I know I am and pretty much what I spoke about in tip one. Turn your phones off. How many of you who can't sleep turn to your phone to write a status or tweet to say that you can't? If you are going to go on your phones at least turn the blue light off which many new smart phones now have a setting for.
4. Have a small meal containing carbohydrates not long before bed. Carbs help release a hormone called seratonin which helps relax you and make you feel tired and lethargic.
5. Failing all that you may want to consider taking :-
* magnesium- this will help relax muscles and is a mineral many of us are deficient in
* green tea- this contains theanine which helps are brains switch from active and busy beta brain waves to more relaxed alpha brain waves, which are mostly present during deep sleep.
There is also a great supplement from nutri that you may want to look into
So now you how to get a better night sleep, know that lack of sleep…
Increases risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and depression
Raises likelihood of getting in an automobile or workplace accident
Can cause weight gain
Contributes to learning and memory problems
Increases overall likelihood of mortality